Our client, a major Financial Institution headquartered in Chicago is seeking a Senior Auditor focusing on retail bank engagements to drive audit programs in consumer products, activities and programs.
Role and Responsibilities
- The Senior Auditor will be assigned to a schedule of internal audit reviews where they will follow the methodology, document evidence, review business processes, identify and assess controls, test key controls, develop findings and communicate with clients to develop action plans.
- With supervision, assist in planning and performing audits consisting of small teams.
- Assist in the supervision of assigned audit staff and the creation and presentation of findings to business unit management during engagements.
- The Senior Audit may also participate in department special projects as necessary.
- Audits and targeted reviews will primarily be focused on the second line of defense activities (Compliance, Risk Governance) and other regulatory considerations (scoping, remediation, and follow up activities) with an objective to improve controls and efficiencies of the activities reviewed.
Top must have skills:
- 5 - 7 years related audit, consumer banking, accounting, compliance or risk management experience at financial or advisory institution
- Should have some regulatory knowledge impacting banking industry (OCC, FRB, CFPB, etc.)
- Practical experience in compliance, enterprise risk, operational risk, audit, or regulatory examinations
- Ability to understand concepts related to identifying and assessing risks
- Effective interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess critical thinking and analytical skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities or deliverables
- Ability to establish and leverage team and client relationships
- Current knowledge of industry practices and competitive environment
- Ability to manage multiple assignments to established deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree (e.g., accounting, finance, business or related fields)
- Advanced degree or professional credentials preferred (CPA, CIA, CRCM, or other relevant certification)
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference #26852. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.