Contract: Payroll Coordinator Job Posting #: 4744
Division: Finance Department Payroll
Office Location: Oak Brook, IL
Duration: 6 months
Days Per Week: 5 Hours/Day 8.00
Under the direct supervision of the Payroll Supervisor, the Payroll Coordinator is responsible for processing the weekly hourly payrolls for several RSC locations. This includes following payroll best practices policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing while adhering to all federal state and local laws and regulations.
- Process the weekly hourly payrolls for several RSC’s. This includes entering increases, new hires, terminations, employment status change, department transfers. Calculating retro payments, termination payments in compliance with company policy, union contracts and federal and state laws; calculating pay adjustments, special payments, garnishments and entering and updating payroll deductions, etc. Process Self Service transactions which include verification against various policy and procedures.
- Maintain LOA process –New Claim Notices, Approval etc. changing employee status. Calculating LOA payments and PTO payouts. Maintain LOA worksheets, review Cigna letters, and Matrix letters.
- Complete garnishment process, which includes interacting with Federal and State authorities to correctly compute and process tax levies, bankruptcies and garnishments to ensure compliance with all Federal and State laws.
- Handle questions from employees, supervisors and managers
- Review payrolls for accuracy and prepare hourly reconciliation that reconciles hours each pay period
- Maintain DIA Reports – ensure all benefits deductions are current
- Generating/sending weekly reports to RSC
- Assist in researching bank reconciling items and the escheating (unclaimed property) process
- Audit and maintain accurate sick, union vacation, holiday, PTO accruals for hourly employees. In addition maintain and audit the benefits deductions to ensure all employee deduction information is accurate
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3-4 years of previous payroll experience, such as payroll processing, tax withholding and garnishments;
- Working knowledge of payroll and time and attendance applications, specifically Ceridian’s HPW and Time Professional applications;
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel and Access;
- Strong math skills
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to handle a heavy workload, while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Must be able to operate fairly independently, while adhering to strict practices and procedures.
- Ability to exercise considerable initiative and the ability to interpret various policies, independently and with minimal supervision.
For immediate cinsideration, please send your word.doc resume to email@example.com and reference job# 4744.
Local candidate only. no C2C.