Looking for an organized, flexible, and highly-analytical Financial Analyst for a leading industrial distribution organization. The deadline oriented, multi-tasking Financial Analyst will possess core accounting skills, coupled with financial planning and analysis skills and be responsible for a variety of financial and analytical duties including annual budget development and ongoing monitoring, forecasting and variance analysis; compensation modeling and analysis; and capital project review and justification.
Responsibilities of the Financial Analyst
- Assisting in developing sales and revenue forecasts to support the planning process.
- Participating in developing monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and analysis to support business unit needs and initiatives.
- Analyzing labor cost (payroll, commissions, other compensation, benefit), fluctuations, and trends.
- Assisting in analysis, development, and calculation of variable compensation plans.
- Gathering appropriate information to help assess feasibility of CAPEX proposals.
- Researching and understanding business issues influencing the industry, relevant applications, and competitive intelligence.
- Developing detailed understanding of critical business processes and new or enhanced financial models to support changing business needs, and to challenge operations team to identify areas for financial performance improvement.
- Developing and updating meaningful key performance indicators and metric measurement/reporting tools that can facilitate decision-making. Performing ongoing monitoring of key performance indicators.
- Supporting data analysis requests to provide customer data, sales performance, and financial understanding.
- Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency in core Finance processes.
Requirements of the Financial Analyst
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred.
- At least 4 years of progressive financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis experience. Possesses a thorough understanding of financial statements and relationships between income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with larger ERPs and must be able to use Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (Pivot Tables, Lookups, Indexing, Matching, If Statements, Data Validation, Macros).
International Financial Group will assist you in drafting a more effective resume, offer career coaching, and help you prepare for your interviews to give you an edge in securing your next employment opportunity. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.