POSITION: Space Planner
Job Posting # 5030
Our client is seeking a Space Planner to join their team on a contract basis. The Category Management department is responsible for providing analytics and insights and services that support the merchant team in creating the most profitable, productive and differentiated retail assortments for our retailers. Space Planning is a component of Category Management and includes the building, merchandising and documenting of recommended planograms.
The Space Planner is responsible for maintenance and documentation of planograms to support recommended assortments. The Space Planner is a collaborative role with Category Analysts, Merchandising, and Store Planning to ensure planograms are “retail-ready” upon publication.
- Category Scope: will have ownership of various categories of product, ranging in complexity.
- Visual Merchandising: will be responsible for upholding visual merchandising standards.
- Analytics/Efficiency: will leverage JDA Space Planning reports, tables and highlights to support POG analysis. will also be responsible for POG efficiency and accuracy.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of experience in Space Management
- Demonstrated understanding of industry trends at retail
- Demonstrated understanding of interior retail design, consumer behavior, product placement, margin recognition and fundamental merchandising techniques
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work cross-functionally among multiple departments
- Ability to work and think independently
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written to various levels of corporate and retail management (e.g., manager through VP and store associate through owner)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with JDA Retail Floor, Space and Assortment modules required
For immediate consideration, please send your word.doc resume to email@example.com.
Local candidates only.