Chicago’s hottest and most stable IPO is lining up interviews for a Senior Director - Technical Accounting and Reporting opportunity. Only high performers are brought aboard who can fit into the organization’s fun tech environment. In addition to challenging work and a great culture, the benefits are amazing (401K, electric care parking, gym onsite, etc).
The Sr. Director – Technical Accounting and Reporting will manage the external reporting process and technical accounting policy and research including preparation of presentations for senior management and the audit committee on technical accounting and reporting topics and management of projects related to the adoption of new accounting pronouncements (for example ASC 606 and ASC 842).
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Ensures compliance with the financial disclosure requirements for the Company having a thorough understanding of all authoritative literature as it relates to financial reporting for public companies (10-K, 10-Q, Proxy, 8-K, etc.)
- Works closely with segment controllers and their teams to ensure appropriate processes are in place to obtain data necessary to produce external financial reports.
- Participates in Disclosure Committee and oversees the preparation of materials for this meeting as well as reviews of SEC reports with the senior leadership team
- Manages the audit with the company’s external auditor in connection with quarterly and annual reporting requirements as well as an registration statements or offerings of securities
- Partners with Investor Relations to prepare analyst presentations and other materials, as required, ensuring consistently with SEC filings.
- Stays abreast of changes and activities in the Company and the industry to ensure that their effects are properly reflected in the SEC filings
- Responsible for the preparation of accounting policies for the company and maintaining an on-going review process for these policies.
- Manage a technical decisioning and documentation process for new and unusual transactions
- Partners with the Business Development, Finance and Segment Controller teams to assess the accounting impact of acquisitions, mergers and dispositions to ensure proper purchase accounting is prepared based on reports from valuation specialists.
- Drives projects to implement new accounting standards such as ASC 606 and ASC 842
- Provide leadership and management of the associates in the Technical Accounting & Reporting team
- Communicate with senior leadership on SEC reporting, technical accounting matters and other projects
Qualifications & Requirements
- At least 10 years of experience with increase responsibility in accounting and finance
- People Management Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent required
- Significant Technical Accounting and SEC reporting experience
- Recent experience with a multinational public company accounting and financial reporting, including knowledge and experience with SEC filing process
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills both verbal and written
- Must have strong technical accounting skills and up-to-date knowledge of the latest accounting and reporting standards especially the new revenue accounting standard ASC 606
- Must be able to balance the needs of corporate with those of the business
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES & Qualifications
- Master or other advanced degree preferred
- Big 4 or other large public accounting experience preferred
- Experience working for and with a technology/softwate company
Qualified candidates' resumes will be immediately reviewed if emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org