Job Code/ Req#:
[i.e.: full-time, part-time, job share, contract, intern]
We are seeking a Compliance Analyst for our client, a major financial institution located downtown Chicago to function as a key resource for the Compliance Testing and Practices Team (CTAP). This challenging opportunity is excellent for someone looking to advance their career in compliance, as well as make themselves visible to a global organization with phenomenal growth opportunity.
The Compliance Analyst will be responsible for supporting the program management routines for Enterprise Compliance Program (ECP) processes. Program management entails assessment, tracking and completion of ECP administrative requests submitted by users and stakeholders of the Compliance Oversight & Reporting Engine (CORE). Additionally, active project management of deliverables for the broader CTAP Team is a key responsibility. The Compliance Analyst also conducts Quality Assurance (QA) reviews of information in CORE.
The Compliance Analyst interacts with Compliance leadership and stakeholders of the ECP processes. The Compliance Analyst must have strong organizational skill sets, ability to communicate effectively with a range of senior and junior staff and serve as the contact for interaction with Technology for enhancements to the compliance tools including CORE.
Oversight of Compliance Program Infrastructure (60%)
- Maintain current, in-depth knowledge of current leading practices, standards and regulatory requirements of compliance risk management programs, including risk assessment, monitoring and testing, and issues management and apply them as appropriate to compliance programs.
- Maintain current, high level knowledge of all applicable regulatory standards and requirements in the jurisdiction of this role.
- Maintain close working relationships with regulatory subject matter experts in jurisdictions where the organization operates.
- Maintains and monitors status of ECP extensions, exceptions, and exemptions.
- Serve as the point of contact for engagement with Technology on CORE-related enhancements.
- Supports project management for deliverables of the CTAP Team.
- Manages ECP inbox and acts as central point of coordination for all ECP administrative related changes/inquiries including assessment, tracking and follow-up.
- Maintains close working relationships with regulatory subject matter experts in jurisdictions where the organization operates.
- Supports CTAP in special projects as assigned.
Regulatory and Leadership Consultation (20%)
- Demonstrate confident leadership, sound judgment, creativity, a practical approach and commitment to achieving excellence in compliance risk management and the ability to do so on the basis of a risk-based model.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with LOBs contacts across enterprise operations. Collaborate with LOBs to promote understanding of LOB-specific risks, regulatory requirements and their impact upon operations.
Regulatory Governance (20%)
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in regulations, directives and guidance which apply to the applicable Compliance group(s) supported. For example, regulations that impact the framework of compliance risk management programs.
- Supports the Director, CTAP by identifying and escalating appropriate issues, supporting regulatory conversations and recommendations and providing expertise as required about compliance programs.
- Assists the Director, CTAP with overseeing the development of regular updates for Compliance Leadership on the status of compliance risk management programs and provide analysis and assistance in the development of any solutions required to support effective management.
- Ensure that Compliance Quality Assurance Reviews are proficiently and efficiently performed according to the QA plan
Top must have skills:
- Minimum of 4 years of Compliance function or other risk management experience.
- Strong communication, presentation, project management, sound judgement, relationship management, and negotiation skills
- Proficient knowledge of risk and applicable regulatory requirements
- Ability to meet deliverables in tight time-frames
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree, in risk, legal, finance or related field of study required
- Compliance or project management certifications a plus
For immediate consideration, please send your resume in word.doc format to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference #25473. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.