5+ years experience with Fixed Assets
Strong excel/Access Database skills- vlookup, pivot table, sql, vba macros all major pluses.
The position is responsible for the completion and maintenance of key general ledger balance sheet accounts, recording of monthly general ledger transactions, and analysis and reconciliation of selected general ledger accounts. This position requires excellent communication and strong data management skills in addition to proactively contributing to process change improvements. The position reports to the Manager, Accounting.Key Job Responsibilities
Fixed Asset Accounting
- Responsible for areas within the Fixed Assets month-end close process. Specifically, close the Oracle Fixed Assets system monthly, post standard journal entries and perform balance sheet account reconciliations. Record results for periodic physical inventory counts of Fixed Assets and calculate depreciation for all Fixed Assets.
Month End Close
- Complete journal entries in Oracle for all areas assigned in the month end close process within due dates. Proactively analyze results for all areas assigned to identify issues and contribute to a timely and appropriate resolution.
- Research and analyze location income statements and general ledger accounts per requests from hotel directors and management. Correct problems such as miscoding or improperly booked entries. Actively work with the field operations to identify reporting improvements and to continuously improve internal service levels.
- Perform account reconciliations for a portion of the balance sheet chart of accounts as needed. Reconciliations are expected to be completed timely and accurately on a monthly basis.
- Prepare requested schedules and assist in follow up research required to complete the quarterly and annual internal and external audits.
Sarbanes Oxley controls and Ad-hoc requests
- Ensure compliance with SOX 404 controls and perform other ad-hoc requests for accounting as needed. Assist the Corporate Finance function in improving processes and procedures for more efficiency and effectiveness in reporting and analysis. Actively participate in special projects as assigned.
- Prepare various schedules/reports for senior management and the PSAV Board of Directors. Ability to create other reports on financial performance for internal and external use
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- 4 + years of general/staff accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with Oracle or similar ERP software
- Advanced Excel and Access skills required in order to contribute with processing and analyzing large amounts of Fixed Assets items in a timely fashion.
- Strong data management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and concern for quality
- Ability to complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner
Responsive to changing priorities and comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously
Please send your most up to date to resume to firstname.lastname@example.org