Amazon experienced exponential growth after diversifying their product line. The same holds true for our downtown construction client. The increase in business requires adding Controller to the team to manage their existing accounting team and planned business growth.
The Controller has direct responsibility for accounting and finance functions, reporting directly to the Founder/Owner.
- Oversee project accounting including new project set up and monthly project reporting.
- Manage project accounting staff in the execution of standard job cost accounting functions.
- Oversee the company's accounting systems, including the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll accounts.
- Ensure the monthly financial statements are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review financial statements with owners.
- Prepare year-end financial statements, reporting and work-paper preparation for final review by external CPA. Make adjusting entries as required.
- Compile workman's compensation hours and totals for year-end audits. Prepare for annual audit of general liability insurance, workmen's compensation, and other insurance coverages.
- Reconcile bank statements. Assist in coordinating cash management services and overall banking relationships.
- In coordination with the executive team generate operating budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor financial performance against budgets on a project by project basis.
- Maintain and reconcile all accrual and prepaid accounts on a monthly basis.
- Develop, as required, new accounting processes and maintain an accounting manual for corporate and project accounting.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance,
-CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Minimum of 5 years relevant accounting experience within the construction industry utilizing the percentage completion method for revenue recognition
Software experience with Quickbooks Online, Microsoft Excel and ProCore preferred.
Qualified candidates email your resume to email@example.com