Salary Mid-Point: $90,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
Sr. Cost Accountant role in a growing manufacturing company near O'Hare!
- A key member of the accounting department that will drive all aspects of operating performance and act as the financial champion for cost measurement and analysis
- Financial responsibilities include driving the monthly close to complete according to schedule. Verification of accurate journal entries and variance reporting.
- Provide leadership during external audits. Work with auditors to complete requests.
- Take ownership of the monthly financial forecasting, measurement, and reporting on production, inventory, variances and other financial metrics & information
- In addition, variance analysis / reporting / forecasting - including work orders, labor and purchase price variances
- Work with FP&A in calculating cost savings, measuring projects, cost reporting, and forecasting
- Provide support to the operations groups- reviewing/understanding data: work centers, routers, costing roll ups and data integrity
- Continuous improvement mindset - capturing best practices and benchmarking
- Partner with key individuals in various departments to resolve operational cost concerns/problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferable but not required
- 5+ years of progressive financial experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Ability to make change - with excellent facilitative, leadership, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated team player with a strong initiative to win
- Excellent oral/written communication and influencing skills
- Strong financial, quantitative and data analysis skills
- Proactive self-starter – ability to understand and respond to need without close-direct supervision
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org