Director of Accounting and Reporting
The Director of Accounting and Reporting will be a focal point for ensuring accurate revenue accounting, reporting and supporting forecasting. The Director will establish and monitor accounting based controls, policies and processes. The Director will also interpret and assess accounting treatment for new business, analyze and explain multiple element arrangement sales transactions, and assist in the system implementation and adoption of technical accounting standards (ACS606).
Director Job Description
- Oversees the Accounting function and related cost deferrals, account reconciliation and reporting
- Works with SEC reporting team to provide analysis to support the preparation of quarterly and annual reports
- Serve as an internal technical accounting expert for revenue accounting,
- Exercise judgment within defined policies and authoritative literature to determine appropriate action related to revenue-related transactions and write related technical memos
- Monitor relevant US GAAP and SEC developments to ensure revenue recognition policies and procedures are in compliance
- Manage the revenue team in the review of contracts and sales orders to assess proper revenue recognition treatment
- Manage the monthly close process related to revenue including the timely completion of close items and analytical review
- Work closely with all areas involved in the revenue process, including sales operations, billing and collection, and information technology to improve system processes and reporting outputs
- Ensures that the revenue accounting system operates as required. Involved in validating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met
- Help to develop trainings on revenue recognition rules, policies and practices to present to Sales, Finance and other departments within the organization
- Participate in monthly revenue forecast procedures
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from any audit findings.
- Manages and oversee the application the Company’s revenue policies, practices and procedures and ensure compliance with internal control over financial reporting (S-Ox 404).
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Ensures that the revenue accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above.
- Provide day-to-day and longer term strategic leadership and continued development to a global team of accounting professionals to facilitate prioritization of work load, on the job training, and the free exchange of ideas. .
- Responsible for recruiting, coaching, and evaluating these associates in a team environment.
- Communicates effectively and build strong relationships throughout the organization.
- Proactively initiates business process improvements.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential required.
- Minimum eight years' work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Experience within a multinational business
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting
- Prior experience utilizing an offshore center of excellence to support US GAAP accounting and reconciliations
- Experience and desire to lead, mentor and develop staff
Director Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree preferred
- Public company and/or Public auditing experience desired
Qualified candidates can send your resume to: email@example.com