Our Client located in the near North West Suburbs of Chicago is looking to hire top talent . Listed below are the job responsibilities .
- Prepares monthly and yearly journal entries for accounting close. Entry reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records
- Prepares various monthly accruals, analyzes balance sheet accounts and makes recommendations relative to AR reserves, and various accrual accounts. Understands the drivers behind various general ledger accounts and performs quarterly and annual account true-ups.
- Prepares monthly bank account reconciliations, including credit card accounts, analyzes and resolves discrepancies between bank and general ledger on a timely basis. .
- Responsible for recording and reporting subsidiary company financial results. Includes support to assisting business owners in interpreting and analyzing results.
- Prepares and distributes quarterly cost center comparison reports and assists cost center owners in analyzing expenses.
- Prepares sales & use tax returns. Keeps abreast of sales & use tax laws changes and monitors compliance in both the US and Canada.
Functional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
This position requires an individual with:
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint and accounting software, SAP a plus
- Sales and use tax experience in US and Canada a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and meet established deadlines
To be considered for this opportunity please contact Mary Kay Dowling at the following email address email@example.com