Pay: MAX $35/hr
POSITION: Tax Analyst
LOB: Family Office Service – Ultra-high net worth group
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: 12 Months
HOURS: 40hrs/week – 8:30am-5:00pm
OVERTIME: During busy seasons (March, April, September, October)
LOCATION: 111 West Monroe, Chicago, Suite 10E
INTERVIEW DETAILS: 1 step in-person, 1 hr each.
INTERVIEW AVAILABILITY: November 16th
INTERVIEW PANEL: 2-3 people with hiring manager and senior managers
GROUP INFO: Family Office Services – There is a group of 6 individuals, working within the ultra-high net worth group; they are 1 of 4 groups that supports these services (which includes, tax compliance, bill payments, financial reporting, tax planning, etc…).
CULTURE: The group is on the smaller side. This person will need to be able to work within a smaller team, be collaborative, take initiative, and ensure projects are completed in time. Each person comes from a different background, and is very inclusive. They treat their contractors like full time employees, and will help grow and develop their skills.
EVP (Employee Value Proposition): The group supports other functions (not just tax compliance), and this candidate will have the opportunity to learn and branch out within the space. They also work closely to other groups in the bank, so this candidate will have exposure to those groups.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
• Tax compliance and research
• Provide detailed focus on assigned projects, and alert the Manager/Principal/Director of technical tax issues that may arise; participate in discussions regarding resolution of tax issues
• Develop ability to research technical tax issues and assist client service team in forming conclusions related to complex tax issues
• Support management of existing client revenue through review of work in progress (WIP's) and preparation of billings for special projects/consulting services provided to the client
• Proactively communicate areas where technical tax knowledge is needed, and work with Manager/Principal/Director to determine personal development
• Mentor and help Managers train and supervise tax associates
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• 3-4 years of recent public accounting experience (individual public accounting vs. corporate public accounting is ideal)
• CPA designation, enrolled agent or JD
• Recent GOSystem or ProSystem (tax software) experience
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE + SOFT SKILLS:
• Ability to complete tax research
• Problem Solving skills
• Perfect command of the English Language – verbal, written, comprehension, articulation
• Professional polish
• MST (Masters of tax would be an asset)
• Degree in accounting/finance – MUST HAVE
Please send qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org