Underwriter/Quality Assurance Analyst
Job Code/ Req#:
A Financial Institution in Naperville, IL is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst to their team on a contract basis. This department is expanding the quality assurance division – they are now doing up front quality reviews of loan applications – before the operations center/processor processes the application, these individuals will ensure all data points provided are correct. Quality assurance group is like no other – it is in independent controls which interacts with different lines of business within the company – an opportunity to interact with different individuals. A new quality assurance operating model is being rolled out and there is opportunity for growth and expansion into other divisions, such as loan servicing, transportation, collections, deposits and payments
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Reviewing work of underwriters and processors - mortgage, lines of credit, home equity
- Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness (40%)
- Risk Management & Quality (40%)
- Developing Business Relationships (20%)
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of loan servicing, consumer underwriting or related experience
- Processing and underwriting background/QA background
- Ability to interact and communicate with the department and Line of Business personnel.
- Professional communication skills
- Working knowledge of consumer credit transactions with regard to underwriting, loan structure, documentation
- Ability to work independently using the knowledge set to produce supplemental reports for review by the Head of Quality Assurance
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree
- Prior banking/ FI
- General understanding of regulatory and secondary market requirements, policies and procedures and vendor requirements within the reviewed areas
- NetOxygen knowledge/experience
- Working knowledge of retail loan and deposit documentation requirements
- Working knowledge of compliance requirements of retail and commercial credit, deposit, and other product operations.
- Maintain working knowledge of regulatory and industry standards and trends.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume in word.doc format to email@example.com and reference #27601-1