Company: Technology Company
Job Title: Financial Analyst - External Reporting (SEC)
Location: NW Chicago Suburbs
Reason for Opening: Promotion (and growth of company and team)
Company combines innovative cloud-based technology with award-winning customer service.
Company has been named many times as one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois.
Company offers a fast-paced and dynamic environment, consistent with our historical revenue growth of 40%+ each of the last four fiscal years. Company fosters a can-do, casual, but powerful attitude that puts the client first. We value honesty, hard work, integrity, teamwork, and dedication to exceptional customer service, a positive work environment, embracing technology and giving back to the community. Company employees enjoy many advantages and opportunities from working in an open-door and casual environment. We empower you to do your best, take the initiative to make a difference and be open to accept new challenges that may come your way.
The Financial Analyst – External Reporting will be a key member of the External Reporting team and will assist in SEC filing preparation and monitoring Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. The position will also be responsible for participation in certain month-end closing processes, accounting research and analysis, and ad hoc projects.
- Prepare supporting documentation, including financial statements and footnotes, for 10-Q and 10-K filings as well as other SEC filings
- Maintain and update SOX documentation
- Conduct and assist with technical accounting research
- Perform and assist with various month-end close procedures
- Assist with the coordination between the company and external auditors/internal control consultants’ requests
- Support SOC 1, Type 2 audit and other external audit processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate
- 2+ years public accounting and/or public/corporate accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills
- Highly organized and demonstrate the ability to work on various projects at the same time
- Creative thinker with excellent analytical skills
- U.S. GAAP technical accounting experience a plus
- SEC experience a plus
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format including compensation history to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.