Company Name: Financial Services (downtown Chicago)
Job Title: Staff Accountant
The Staff Accountant reports to the Senior Accountant. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, financial reporting, financial profitability and other special projects as assigned. This position will also have balance sheet account reconciliations for multiple locations, and follow up with stores and Senior Accountants on the resolution of reconciliation variances. This position will support the accounting for all Company store locations. The Staff Accountant maintains compliance with Company policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Primary responsibility is to prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Responsible for general ledger of assigned entities.
- Complete assigned balance sheet reconciliations monthly.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately.
- Assist with corporate reporting requirements.
- Assist in documenting and monitoring of internal controls.
- Support the month-end and year-end close processes to accurately record and report timely all financial transactions as mandated by Company policy.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- CPA Candidates preferred
- 2-3 years of accounting work experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory.
- Strong computer skills, especially Excel skills. Ability to handle large volumes of data.
- Highly detailed oriented and organized in work.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate financial knowledge, supporting District Managers, Director of Operations, and Senior Director of Operations growth and development as they learn new financial processes.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- Candidate will be required to take online Excel skills evaluation.
- Experience in Microsoft Great Plains financial software a plus.
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish is a plus.
Service and Support
- Proactively provide support to Field employees on P&L statement questions and variances to budget.
- Streamline processes and reduce cost by accurately reviewing P&L statements with Operations.
- Ensure regulatory compliance while reviewing the legal entity financial statements.
- Provide timely response to questions, if questions are unknown forward to the appropriate individual.
- Understand Company's customers and provide quality financial support when necessary.
Integrity and Trust
- Ensure a high level of confidentiality when handling financial records.
- Establish and maintain working relationships and work collectively to increase company profitability.
- Increase profitability by accurately reviewing balance sheets and financial statements, and proactively report any variances.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format including compensation history and contact information to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.