Title: Senior User Experience Designer
Location: Downtown Montreal
Contract: July 2019 – Possibility of exstention/conversion to FTE
Our client is a preeminent brand with deep roots in Canada and involved in an exciting digital transformation. They’re seeking an outstanding User Experience practitioner to join their growing UX team at their brand-new building in downtown Montreal to work on a high-profile, web-based project.
As the subject matter expert in creating highly engaging, accessible and usable interfaces, you will work with a cross-functional team to deliver well-crafted and evidence-based digital experiences. You’ll be able to elegantly synthesize business requirements, research, and design principles, working on different aspects and deliverables of the project as it progresses.
You will need to be able to identify and solve problems; explore different design solutions and articulate for the user in each solution; and present to and collaborate with a wide range of project team members and stakeholders.
- Work with Product, Marketing, Business and IS teams to obtain and understand business, functional and technical requirements
- Design user interfaces by applying the fundamental principles of user experience design, research experience, industry best practices and balancing those against system constraints and business objectives
- Create and revise user flows, sitemaps and low and high-fidelity wireframes based on specifications, goals, needs and limitations
- Develop rapid interactional UX prototypes; verify design assumptions through concept and usability testing
- Lead design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and approval on designs and documentation
- Document detailed user experience specifications
- Work with UI designers to create final visual mockups against wireframes, in keeping with Manulife brand standards, UX guidelines and accessibility legislation (AODA/WCAG)
- Liaise with publishing and development teams to ensure final output matches UX specifications and visual design
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as a UX/UI designer, user interaction designer or product designer
- 4+ years of experience working on complex web projects with medium to large-sized teams
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, communication arts, computer science, human-computer interaction (HCI) or a related field
- Previous experience designing consumer-facing dashboards or portals and/or data visualization highly preferred.
- High degree of UX/UI/visual design proficiency (design portfolio / work samples to be provided for reference).
- Sound experience of UX process, methods and artifact creation, including prototypes and annotated interaction wireframes
- Deep understanding and appreciation of the process of identifying users’ needs, coupled with the ability to balance the pros and cons of different designs, backed by research and analytics
- Well versed in fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines & principles and user behavioural psychology
- Experience in mobile web, including responsive design techniques to support multiple breakpoints/devices
- Excellent understanding of accessibility standards, specifically AODA/WCAG 2.0
- Excellent proficiency in design tools such as Axure, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Principle, Framer and/or other software
- Previous involvement working within Agile/Lean UX design/development methodology
- Exposure or involvement in user research techniques (e.g. user interviews, usability tests, focus groups, conducting quantitative studies) and heuristic / qualitative evaluations
- Excellent communication skills
- Effectively articulate experiential principles based on industry best-practice guidelines, personal experience and research findings
- Strong portfolio
For consideration, please email your resume to Syndey@ifgpr.com with “Senior User Experience Designer” in the subject line.
Other opportunities can be viewed at www.ifg-global.com