Our client, in downtown Calgary, is looking for an experienced Property Accountant to join them on a 6 month contract. The company is a high profile, well established Canadian brand with some of the most iconic properties within their portfolio.
Responsibilities of the Property Accountant will include:
- Maintain and prepare the accounting for a portfolio of properties. Tasks include: monthly financial statement preparation, journal entry postings such as monthly accruals, expenses and revenues and bank reconciliations
- Process tenant year-end realty tax and CAM billings, percentage rent monthly and year-end invoicing by reconciling expenses, preparing statements for audit, variance analysis, tenant spreadsheets, shortfall analysis and interim billings in order to meet the requirements of the tenants’ lease and provide auditors with timely and accurate information;
- Cross train with accounts payable or accounts receivable for better coverage
- Prepare operating budget for the portfolio of properties via supporting schedules, variance analysis and coordinating with other departments to provide senior management and co-owners with accurate forecasts for plan years;
What do you need as the successful property accountant:
- designated accountant (CPA – CA, CMA, CGA)
- minimum of 5 years in real estate or property management
- experience with Yardi or JD Edwards is an asset
- MS Excel at the intermediate level
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit a MS Word copy of your resume in confidence to David Kim at IFGCalgaryRecruiter@ifgpr.com with subject heading “Property Accountant, Calgary”.
For all other opportunities, please refer to ifg-global.com
*CPA - CA, CGA, CMA