Title: Operations Support Specialist
This position may require working non-core business hours, such as early mornings starting at 6am, or late shifts ending at 10pm. First couple of months will be Mon-Fri, but eventually weekends will be required.
Some work over holidays will be required.
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to join the Services Operations Team and provide specialized support for our clients next-generation consumer experiences.
This role will support the Services Operations Team in maintaining the day-to-day operational health of our Partner applications and infrastructure. In the event of an operational issue, the Support Specialist will be responsible for responding to, investigating and communicating incidents in an accurate and timely fashion. This will involve working in tandem with both internal groups and external business and technical partners.
• Communicate with partners on issue investigation status and incident resolution
• Use various tools to perform incident investigation and to determine root cause
• Communicate findings to Service Manager and update information in the Issue Management System
• Capture and entry of operational issues in the Ops Issue Management System
• Document commonly encountered issues and their resolutions as Knowledgebase articles
• Review error reports and investigate cause for most common errors for each application
• Facilitate the scheduling, review, and deployment of application updates in our Network Operations Centre (NOC)
• Maintain NOC equipment and monitoring infrastructure to ensure all systems are operational and ready for troubleshooting.
• Identify opportunities to streamline operations, optimize support efforts, and improve incident handling processes
• Need to be self-motivated and self-directed
• Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Well organized
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
• Ability to stay focused in a high-pressure, team environment
• Capable of constructing data queries and performing rudimentary data analysis
• 1 year of working in a service desk environment supporting a client or web application
• Experience monitoring and light management of a cloud services ecosystem like Azure or AWS
• Ability to write detailed and accurate descriptions of complex issues, reproduction steps, and resolutions
• Experience working with enterprise systems, networks, and services
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays on a regular basis
• Experience with various programming, query, and scripting languages would be an asset
For consideration, please send your resume to Jennifer@ifgpr.com with “Operations Support Specialist” in the title.
Other opportunities can be viewed at www.ifg-global.com