Our client, a major Canadian bank, currently has an opening for a P&L Analyst within their Capital Markets group.
In this role, the P&L Analyst will provide analytical support to the Capital Markets and Global Investment Banking portfolio's balance sheets, by performing daily valuation, attribution and P&L reconciliations. You will liaise with various areas of the bank’s operating units.
- Perform balance sheet review of accounts
- Coordinate and report to senior management all product control activities
- Perform reconciliations of pending trade activity to various sub ledger systems
- Perform P&L attribution
- Identify opportunities to improve valuation and pro-actively streamline processes to improve productivity
- Bachelor degree, preference for candidates working towards CFA
- 2+ years within Capital Markets
- Solid understanding of derivatives and accounting
- An independent worker with strong analytical and problem solving skills, who can be effective under pressure
- Good MS Excel skills including VLOOKUPS and pivot tables
If you are qualified and interested in this job, please submit your resume in word format to email@example.com. Qualified individuals will be contacted immediately. Please indicate "P&L Analyst" in the subject line.