Our client, a mid-sized financial management firm located in Toronto's financial district, is looking for a Staff Accountant to join them on a 6-month contract. The ideal Staff Accountant will have demonstrated knowledge of accounting procedures, preferably within a financial services environment.
The Staff Accountant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Full cycle accounting for financial instruments
- Monthly reconciliation of all vendor and bank statements, including researching and correcting any discrepancies
- Assist with month end closing, up to trial balance
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Working towards, or completion of CPA designation preferred
- 1-3 years demonstrated working experience in accounting
- Strong MS Excel including pivot-tables, V-Lookups, indexing, and matching
- Excellent communication skills
If you are qualified and interested in discussing this assignment in more detail, please submit your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com and reference “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.