Seeking a detail-oriented, multi-tasking, highly-analytical Director of Pricing, for a newly created position, responsible for developing and implementing pricing strategies to achieve revenue and price targets; and optimizing price positioning and price gaps/opportunities across a multi-channel industrial distribution organization. The Director of Pricing will collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate strategies; analytics; and reporting are developed, maintained, and adopted to drive effective pricing execution. Core responsibilities include:
- Participating in commercial strategy and execution as it relates to setting pricing goals and targets in all geographic sales regions.
- Leading the pricing strategy and process alignment across geographies.
- Developing, initiating, and implementing pricing strategies.
- Leading competitive pricing benchmarking and maintaining up-to-date information about competitive positioning.
- Developing and maintaining financial evaluation tools that support short and long-term business growth as well as attainment of all key profitability targets. Identifying and implementing best practice pricing processes and tools. Improving core data, processes, and decision architecture based on the current global pricing and discounting processes.
- Establishing and maintaining performance metrics and dashboards that ensure clear and timely flow of information.
- Creating, implementing, and maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly margin impact reporting metrics and providing summary of margin sales issues or opportunities.
- Promoting ongoing communication between the Sales, Marketing, Purchasing, and Finance departments
- Collaborating with the Purchasing department to define a recommended cost protection method. Understanding vendor price changes and applying price adjustments to prevent margin erosion.
- Collaborating with the Sales department to ensure contract compliance. Reviewing existing price agreements; recommending and initiating price changes. Managing rebates and associated pricing changes.
- Resolving pricing/margin questions or issues and making corrections within specified levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA highly preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in Pricing, Purchasing or Finance; with strong data analysis, data mining, data aggregation and analytical skills.
- Prior manufacturing or distribution industry experience.
- Working knowledge and prior experience developing and implementing pricing strategies, processes, analytics, tools, and reporting.
- Superior skill in communicating effectively with all levels of employees both verbally and in writing, including top management, sufficient to provide information, interpret policy and to justify and persuade others.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel and Access.
International Financial Group helps with effective resume development, career coaching, and interview preparation to give you an edge in securing your next employment opportunity. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.