Our client, a major Financial Institution headquartered in Chicago is seeking a Senior Portfolio Accountant responsible for the reconciliation and reporting of client portfolios maintained on the asset management reporting system.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensures the timely completion of reconciliations and follows up on the resolution of all outstanding items on an ongoing basis.
- Accountable to produce management reporting on the status of the reconciliations.
- Accountable for the transactional data inputting.
Responsible for the coordination of the informational download from external vendors into the accounting system.
Maintains and ensures all back up documentation related to reconciled/outstanding items are in good systematic order for review and periodic audit.
Operational Effectiveness – 20%
Manages and resolves escalated issues from their manager for quick resolution.
Recommends continuous improvements of business processes and procedures to the manager.
Enforce regulatory/audit rules across the account base to ensure that proper policies and procedures have been adhered to within the processing unit.
Monitor and review exception reports in order to maintain data quality to ensure performance calculation is correct and that the client accounts are being managed according to the investment mandates and models.
Monitor and review the cash flow within the bank accounts to ensure daily net settlements are properly accounted for on a daily basis. Support cash reporting requirements as necessary.
Participate in periodic internal and external business, compliance and regulatory audits.
Reporting and Relationship Management – 10%
- Responsible for reporting to external and internal clients.
Maintains relationships with clients/peers within industry for purposes of enhancing business effectiveness within the scope of the team.
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience
- In depth knowledge of investment management accounting systems
- Securities processing knowledge of fixed income and equity securities
- Fundamental knowledge working with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed prioritizing, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Well-developed decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Highly developed relationship management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference #26872. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.