Seeking an organized, flexible, and highly-analytical Financial Analyst for a leading industrial distribution organization. The deadline oriented, multi-tasking Financial Analyst will be responsible for a variety of financial and analytical duties including annual budget development and ongoing monitoring, forecasting and variance analysis; compensation modeling and analysis; and capital project review and justification. Core responsibilities include:
- Assisting in developing sales and revenue forecasts to support the planning process. Participating in developing monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and analysis to support business unit needs and initiatives.
- Analyzing labor cost (payroll, commissions, other compensation, benefit), fluctuations, and trends. Assisting in analysis, development, and calculation of variable compensation plans.
- Performing CAPEX proposal reviews. Gathering and evaluating appropriate information to assess feasibility of proposals.
- Researching and understanding business issues influencing the industry, relevant applications, and competitive intelligence. Developing detailed understanding of critical business processes and new or enhanced financial models to support changing business needs, and to challenge operations team to identify areas for financial performance improvement.
- Developing and updating meaningful key performance indicators and metric measurement/reporting tools that can facilitate decision-making. Performing ongoing monitoring of key performance indicators.
- Analyzing the business from new value-added perspectives and enhancing the strategic role of Finance in the organization. Proactively engages business management to achieve financial and business goals. Supporting data analysis requests to provide customer data, sales performance, and financial understanding.
- Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency in core Finance processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred.
- At least 6 years of progressive financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis experience. Possesses a thorough understanding of financial statements and relationships between income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as will be working with senior leadership and presenting to CFO at times.
- Experience with larger ERPs and must be able to use Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (Pivot Tables, Lookups, Indexing, Matching, If Statements, Data Validation, Macros).
International Financial Group helps with effective resume development, career coaching, and interview preparation to give you an edge in securing your next employment opportunity. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.