Seeking an experienced Senior Staff Accountant for a contract role. The Senior Staff Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager, and be primarily responsible for transactional accounting, account reconciliations, variance analysis and maintaining documentation of internal controls. The Senior Staff Accountant will be expected to maintain an attitude of professionalism and quality in the work performed while working within typical accounting deadlines (e.g., monthly accounting close). Core responsibilities include:
- Reviewing daily cash reconciliation and journal entries.
- Monitoring activity flowing through certain general ledger accounts.
- Performing monthly closing procedures, including preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts, and preparing monthly financial statements and other reports to management.
- Performing variance analysis of income statement and balance sheet accounts. Researching unusual fluctuations and communicating results to management.
- Maintaining the fixed asset sub-ledger, including additions, retirements, and depreciation.
- Performing ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- At least 6 years relevant accounting and financial reporting experience is required.
- CPA desired, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Well-organized and task-oriented. Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and work within deadlines.
- Comfortable working with ERP systems and advanced user of Excel.
International Financial Group helps with effective resume development, career coaching, and interview preparation to give you an edge in securing your next employment opportunity. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim / transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.