Our client, located in Chicago, is looking for a Cost Accounting Manager to add to their team.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead, manage and develop a team of accountants/specialists.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the cost accounting and projects accounting systems, processes and procedures.
- Manage escalation and resolution of key findings for the cost accounting and projects functions.
- Be a key leader of change in the organization and demonstrate continuous improvement of operations.
- Proactive analysis of variances and communication of issues and opportunities to leadership.
- Develop metrics and tracking system for major cost drivers.
- Consolidate and analyze actual, forecast, and budget gross margin results for key stakeholders.
- Perform various month-end closing procedures and assistance with annual external financial audit.
- Provide leadership for annual Physical Inventory process.
Below are requirements for the position:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related degree, CPA or MBA preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required.
- Proficiency with Oracle ERP, SAP EPM preferred.
- 10+ years progressive experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Aptitude to analyze, interpret, and communicate complex financial and statistical data.
- Strong organization, time management, and oral/written skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with various stakeholders and cross functional teams.
Interested candidates should email their resume to email@example.com