Financial Analyst – Investments & Risk
Keys from hiring manager:
- Early career position: Will consider a new college graduate (sweet spot 0 – 4 years)
- Salary range: $50,000 - $60,000
- Bonus eligible: 5% - 10% (combination of personal contributions and corporate performance)
- Key technical skills: Excel (pivot tables, creating graphs out of Excel tables, logic formulas, vlookups); PowerPoint
- Key professional interests: Investments, treasury, accounting, finance, insurance
- Key personal skills: Attention to details, take ownership of assigned areas (will not be micro-managed)
- Key teamwork skills: There will be significant training and mentorship; try to solve problems before asking questions (no upward delegation), take good notes and learn assigned areas quickly
- Key work schedule requirements: 8-hour day (work hard and get the job done in 8 hours); quarterly reporting may include overtime to meet deadlines and prepare presentations for the Board
- Career advancement: Great opportunity to learn and develop finance skills in a positive and stable corporate culture. Typical person in this role will work 2- 3 years in the position and then rotate into another finance or accounting team within the company. The most recent employee moved into a Corporate Finance role after starting in this treasury position.
- Corporate Sells:
- Easy commute from downtown Chicago and no car needed. Company subsidizes employees commuting by public transportation. The company is easily reached by the Metra train to the Lake Cook Road stop and then a free employee shuttle to corporate headquarters. The hiring manager commute by train and shuttle daily.
- Tuition reimbursement: After initial success in the role, the Director can approve admission to the tuition reimbursement program for continuing education including MBA, CFA and other professional certifications.
- Unique early career opportunity to learn and have diverse responsibilities for a global company.
Summary: Working from global headquarters in Northbrook, assist with financial research projects and analysis primarily investment reports for the Board and oversight committee and enterprise risk management/transfer through insurance and mitigation.
- Engage with Company’s global network of colleagues across more than 100 countries
- Communicate with external investment and relationship managers, investment consultants and custodial banking professionals to gather data and assist analysis
- Assists in the calculation of the financial impact of investments and hedging.
- Work with external insurance broker to gather information and make detailed applications to maintain Company's global risk management program.
- Prepares and analyzes annual financial forecasts which may include budgetary, expense, service fee, staffing or economic forecasts.
- Performs month-end and ad-hoc accounting entries to record investment, insurance, and FX hedging activities and assist both internal and external audits of Treasury functions.
Qualifications and Preferences:
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline plus generally two-four years directly related work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to book investment and hedging transactions to the general ledger, analyze financial data and calculate the financial impact opportunities would incur on the company.
- Demonstrated ability to extract data from Company and third party Financial Systems and accurately analyze and report complex financial data.
- Detailed knowledge of the fundamentals of accounting and finance. Strong communication and interpersonal skills as this is a highly visible role in the company.
To Apply, send your resume to email@example.com