My client is looking for an Accounting Manager, Tax and Treasury.
You will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Accounting Department as focused on the key areas of tax, treasury, payroll and pension activities of the company.
You will be the primary contact with the Company's banks and tax authorities including managing any government audits. There is significant involvement in preparation of cash flow projections and monitoring and reporting on actual cash flow results. You will be looked to in the implementation of best practices in the areas under your care.
The position is responsible for staff management activities, including but not limited to: hiring, coaching, performance management, development and corrective action.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of Canadian taxation requirements for corporate income tax, transfer pricing, indirect tax and managing any associated audits
- Reconciliation with Government Legislators company remittances and account balances
- Responsible for accurate and timely distribution of Year End documents and related documents (ie T2200 and TP-64)
- Ability to reference and apply concept of Canadian payroll legislation and requirements as they relate to employment income, taxable benefits and payroll deductions
- Reviews and approves the reconciliation of various GL accounts and will own specific processes
- Safeguarding company assets and financial governance
- People Management activities, including but not limited to: hiring, coaching, performance management, development and corrective action
- General proficiency with MS Office with strong Excel skills
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
- University Degree in related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years' post qualification experience
- Minimum of 5 years' related management and leadership experience
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this position, please apply in confidence to Jason Bowen, CPA, CMA, MBA ( firstname.lastname@example.org )