Our client, located just outside the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area, is seeking an experienced resource to serve as Interim Finance Manager. The role is attached to a manufacturing facility, so plant controller experience is desirable. Oracle experience is a requirement. The client company in MSP is a subsidiary of an international parent.
The Interim Finance Manager translates the company vision, mission, and strategies into functional activities within the finance area. This role partners with the site leadership team to develop site strategic direction. This role directs the company’s financial practices including solid analysis, and the preparation and maintenance of fiscal reports and records. The Interim Finance Manager also serves as the principle contact with Corporate on financial matters. This role also supervises the finance department consisting of a Payroll administrator and 3 Cost Accountants.
Qualifications/Skills: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Candidate must possess at least 7 years of experience as a financial manager in a manufacturing organization. Candidate should have experience in cost accounting, payroll and financial analysis.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Directs, supervises and/or performs the preparation of periodic, monthly and annual reports; audits, and statements used to provide management with information relative to financial transactions, operating costs, taxes and property taxes.
· Directs, supervisors and/or performs the preparation of statistics including KPI's for periodic and yearly financial statements, including the preparation of charts and graphs showing progress, conditions, and results used by Site Management and North American Management.
· Provides clear and concise analysis of financial results and key financial measurements driving the business' results, including explanations of variances between plan, prior year and forecasts.
· Recommends alternative courses of action to the Site Manager concerning financial issues confronting the company, and actively participates in the implementation of selected action.
· Regularly demonstrate problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
· Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses and benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement.
· Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
· Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price goals.
· Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis, discounted cash flow analysis and ROI analysis.
For immediate consideration, please forward a full resume to Chris Denver at firstname.lastname@example.org.