Chief Financial Officer
Our downtown, service industry client is targeting a Chief Financial Officer. The privately held organization is profitable, debt free, and operates in the service industry. The company is targeting a leader of people, not a dictator. A leader would accept this challenge keep reading.
Chief Financial Officer Job Description:
- Provides leadership in the development of continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives. Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Responsible for financial forecasting, annual budgets and reporting to the Company.
- Oversees all financial transactions, policies, and procedures meet corporate short and long-term objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts. Analyze and evaluate the company financials as they are related to company objectives and spending habits. Advise as to the integrity of the P&L by client.
- Coordinate of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development, monitoring and the negotiation of company contracts.
- Formulate financial policy and plans to include providing overall direction for the accounting, tax, budget, credit/debit and auditing functions.
- Manage financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management. To include audited financial statements as well as oversee all Attestation Standard Audits (SOC) and other company audits.
- Advice, refine and participate in the creation of commission plans for various departments throughout the company. Review sales request for proposal’s considered for bidding.
- Oversee all company payroll activity.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and provide business solutions that support and drive their business goals.
- Partner with the President and Executive Team on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating strong relationships.
- Provide the COO with an operating budget help ensure success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and program requirements.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Responsible for managing, planning, developing, recommending, and monitoring processes and systems and controls to be used in internal auditing throughout the company.
- Responsible for managing and directing all activities regarding tax research, planning and required compliance. Works to optimize the company tax obligations to include assuring that all appropriate tax returns and payments are filled in a timely manner.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs to include monitoring all banking activities.
- Partner with Human Resources in the design, implement calculate incentives in a timely manner to include commissions and salaries for the staff.
- Work with others cross functionally to meet goals, share information, ideas and solicit ideas establishing effective work relationships at all levels to include working with the compliance attorney to manage and quantitative risk.
The candidate chief financial officer should have a master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations. Public Accounting experience highly preferred.
For immediate review, qualified candidates email your Word resume to: email@example.com