Job Title: Senior Manager of Financial Reporting
Job Location: Itasca / Schaumburg
Industry: Manufacturing / Technology Development
Reports to: Assistant Controller
Supervises: 4 (2 direct and 2 indirect reports)
The Senior Manager of Financial Reporting is responsible for the consolidation and external reporting process. This includes the consolidation of Corporation’s results and the preparation of financial statements, as well as various aspects of internal and external reporting. This role also provides technical accounting guidance and establishes accounting policy. Ensuring Sarbanes-Oxley compliance is critical. Priorities for this role include establishing accounting processes and internal controls for financial reporting, assisting with the development of accounting policies and procedures, developing accounting training to the organization, evaluating new accounting pronouncements, and being a technical accounting resource for the organization. Expertise in US GAAP and SEC Reporting is required.
Supporting and being a liaison to other corporate and finance functions will also be critical. This role has significant interaction with corporate accounting, the budgeting and forecasting organization (FP&A), the business units (operations), foreign entities and tax organization. A successful candidate will be a hands-on professional with a strong understanding of the application of GAAP and financial reporting. A control and process oriented mindset, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and desire and ability to identify, recommend and lead improvements is also important.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the monthly financial reporting close and consolidation process to ensure that financial transactions are properly captured, complete and accurately reported.
- Review and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual site financial information to ensure compliance with Global Accounting Policies and US GAAP.
- Review of consolidated balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flows as well as equity statements and statements of comprehensive income.
- Manage the preparation and coordination of SEC 10-Q/K filings, including all financial statements, footnotes, Management’s Discussion & Analysis.
- Manage XBRL taxonomy selections and XBRL filings.
- Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with internal controls related to reporting processes and SEC filings.
- Work closely with external auditors during quarterly review and annual audit processes.
- Monitor, understand and identify potential impact of new accounting and SEC standards on financial statements and disclosures.
- Respond to inquiries from senior management regarding reporting matters and act as a technical resource for US GAAP and financial reporting rules.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies; provide guidance on internal controls.
- Supervise, coach, mentor and review work of direct reports.
- Provide external reporting information to regulatory authorities as required and necessary.
- Ensure support to key customers, including Treasury, Legal, Tax, Investor Relations and FP&A as needed.
- Lead/participate in special projects as assigned, including acquisitions and dispositions.
- Responsible for HFM financial system and Oracle account structure.
- Continually evaluate system processes across the organization and lead projects to streamline and improve internal and external reporting.
- BS degree in accounting and CPA
- Minimum 8 years general accounting experience for a publicly traded company (which must include responsibility for external reporting) and/or public accounting experience with SEC registrants. Experience with a global company is preferred, as is Big 4 or next tier public accounting experience.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Strong technical knowledge of consolidations.
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Ability to prepare consolidated financial statements and SEC filings (Form 10-Q/K).
- Strong PC skills including advanced Excel. Hyperion / HFM and Webfilings/Workiva experience is a plus.
- Manufacturing industry experience would be an asset.
- Understanding and implementation of scalable business processes is critical. This includes the assessing, developing, and implementing of competitive practices within the general accounting area.
- Focus on generating high quality deliverables.
- Strong project management, leadership and problem solving skills.
- Able to work with detailed information, while also being able to perceive and define the larger/underlying issues and drivers.
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative and cross functional organization.
- Strong teamwork skills with effective relationship building and influence.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to develop alternative solutions to issues and concerns.
- Strong process orientation; well-structured and well organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid financial and business acumen.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and a passion for a fast paced environment.
- Able to handle multiple assignments and manage competing priorities with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Ability to coordinate and, when required, direct diverse resources required for completion of tasks/projects.
Please email your resume in Word format to Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are qualified and interested in this role. Only candidates with significant SEC Reporting experience will be considered. Phone interviews will begin the week of August 7 with in-person interviews the weeks of August 14 and August 21.