Our client, a multi-location manufacturing company located in the West Suburbs, is seeking a Staff Accountant reporting to the Accounting Manager.
Core responsibilities: General Accounting and Reporting
- Provide general ledger support for the month-end close process.
- General cash management support, including proper cash application, bank reconciliations and cash forecasting.
- Manage daily accounts receivable, including generating and distributing invoices to customers via email, mail, fax, or EDI.
- Perform additional month-end balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Help create and maintain standard monthly reporting statements.
- Review month-end results to provide account variance analysis.
- Oversee capital expenditure process including fixed asset subledger and asset tracking.
- Maintain and develop appropriate accounting processes, including review of internal controls and best practices, through analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis through research to support finance function, including supporting schedules for internal and external reporting requirements.
- Support audit process through preparation of supporting account schedules and other requests.
- Review AR subledger to identify and resolve past due accounts.
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High level of initiative and willingness to support teammates
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Organization skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from four-year college or university
- CPA, CMA or equivalent professional certification preferred, but not required
- 2+ years professional accounting experience (accounting and/or analysis experience preferred)
- ERP experience preferred and ability to learn accounting software
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org