Job Code/ Req#:
A Financial Institution located in Louisville, KY is seeking a Fraud Specialist to investigate suspected check fraud events in order to minimize loss, reduce potential exposure, and enhance customer relationships. This will be accomplished through research of account/relationship conducted through the bank systems. The investigator may interview victims, witnesses, and/or suspects to establish details of the incident which will be documented in the Fraud Case Management System. The information gathered will be analyzed by the investigator to recommend actions related to the account relationship, create and submit appropriate internal/external reporting, inform supervisors, managers and defined service partners of the actions taken, and to serve as the liaison for cases referred to law enforcement. This will all be accomplished in accordance with established bank policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
- Participates in reviewing and investigating customer cases, reports, and work for potential and actual loss; minimizes fraud, AML and/or organizational risk. Responsible for early detection of suspicious activity, control and prevention of losses.
- Under supervision, researches and analyzes bank activities and reports to detect and prevent possible fraudulent and illegal activities. Escalates issues as appropriate.
- Uses defined research procedures to identify and resolve issues.
- Follows standards and practices to mitigate fraud, AML and other risk exposure and loss.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate documentation of analysis performed and coordinates with internal or external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Anti-money Laundering/Sanctions Policies and Procedures - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to prevent or report money laundering and Sanctions-related activities in banking and financial services industry.
- Business Ethics - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of practices, behaviors, applicable laws, rules, and regulations governing proper business conduct; ability to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations.
- Business Process Improvement - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use methods for identifying, evaluating, introducing and implementing more efficient approaches to performing business related activities.
- Standard Operating Procedures - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
- Information Capture - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
- Problem Solving - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Effective Communications - Basic Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Basic Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize processes, tools, and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations.
- Operational Risk - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.
- Minimum 1+ years of related experience
- Excellent Communication Skills (Oral & Written)
- Bachelor’s Degree
For immediate consideration, please send your resume in word.doc format to email@example.com and reference #26091. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.