Our client, located in the North Suburbs, is looking for an A/R, Credit & Collections Specialist. This is a contract to hire or direct hire opportunity.
- Daily invoicing of domestic and export shipments.
- Daily invoice entry into third party billing systems.
- Daily posting of cash receipts to customer accounts.
- Daily collection contacts/communication with customers.
- Periodic research and issuance of RMA’s and credit memos.
- Weekly written collection status reporting to Controller and Sales V.P
- Periodic maintenance of customer database files
- Weekly reconciliation of inter-company balance.
- Maintains all accounts receivable accounting records filed and accessible.
- Other accounting/administrative duties as needed.
- 3+ years of Accounts Receivable/Credit and Collection experience
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment to perform basic job tasks (e.g., resolve discrepancies)
- Strong work ethic
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts receivable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division quickly and accurately
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Customer service orientation
- General office skills: scanning, filing, organizing
- Follows through on tasks and projects as assigned
Communicate effectively with Company’s employees and Management. Demonstrates all the corporate values:
- Open & honest communications
- Team work
- Customer focus
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org