Company: Multi-Media Industry
Job Title: Senior Integrated Auditor
Location: Chicago (downtown)
Start Date: Interviews in mid-April
This Senior Integrated Internal Auditor will assist in developing and executing comprehensive audit programs that are responsive to the IT, operational, financial, and control risks across the Company. This individual will conduct audits that assess the adequacy of controls for adherence to established plans, policies, procedures, good business practices, and compliance with GAAP, GAAS, and relevant statutes and regulations, including key provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Core competencies include the ability to adapt to change, build effective working relationships, successfully plan and organize projects, and positively impact and influence others.Responsibilities:
- Assist management in the development of the annual audit plan including the annual risk assessment.
- Develop audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Conduct assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end and ensure the timely completion of audit projects, based on the annual Audit Plan and in alignment with Internal Audit methodology.
- Perform all activities within assigned projects including communicating with business unit management, establishing project milestones and deadlines, monitoring the progress of audit fieldwork, reporting progress to audit management, and proposing modifications to current procedures to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency.
- Conduct test procedures, compile audit findings, document and communicate remediation plans, and complete work papers in compliance with established standards.
- Supervise staff auditors assigned to engagements and provide guidance and overall review of deliverables. Communicate assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results.
- Obtain and review evidence, ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented and based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk. Identify and communicate issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
- Draft complete audit reports that clearly and concisely describe issues identified (implications to the business unit and company as a whole) and value-added recommendations to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of controls/business processes.
- Work closely with management to promptly resolve problems that may arise and build trust. Serve as a business advisor and partner by providing the business unit and senior management with advice related to business issues and controls.
- Review controls, records retention practices, documentation, and back-up to insure that computer systems are functioning properly, have adequate controls to detect problems, and are properly documented; that records are retained for emergency reconstruction and that back-up is adequate.
- Perform the audits in a professional manner in accordance with a work program.
- Make oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the audit, discussing deficiencies and recommending corrective action to improve operations and reduce costs. Perform follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues.
- Work independently with limited direction and guidance, and interact with senior management at all levels of the organization.
- Communicate with corporate and business unit management to ensure awareness of internal control issues and range of internal audit’s services and to encourage consultation with the internal audit department staff as required.
- Coordinate audits, projects, work papers, direct assistance, etc. with co-source and external auditors as needed.
- Ensure adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression – proactively seek relevant education and training opportunities.
- Participate in special projects as requested by management. Contribute to the positive and team-oriented culture by maintaining cooperative relationships (assisting other project teams when necessary), facilitating the resolution of conflicts, sharing information, and accepting and providing feedback.
- A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
- At least 3-5 years of Financial Audit and IT General Computer Controls experience. C.F.E., C.I.A., C.I.S.A., C.I.S.S.P. and/or M.B.A. with an emphasis in finance, marketing, or economics is a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting, finance and information technology internal control areas is required, as is comprehension of internal auditing standards, generally accepted accounting principles, SOX, COSO and risk-assessment practices.
- Knowledge of business processes, as well as process controls and risks, and understand how this relates to relevant audit procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. A high degree of interpersonal skills, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Self-starter, proven leadership ability, history of high level/quality performance and accomplishments
- Operating Systems
- Windows, Active Directory
- SaaS applications
- May require up to 10% travel to Company locations.
For immediate consideration, email your resume in Word format along with compensation history to Cameron Wall at email@example.com.