Company: Multi-Media Industry
Job Title: Senior Auditor
Location: Chicago (downtown)
Start Date: Interviews in mid April
Senior Internal Auditor will assist in developing and executing comprehensive audit programs that are responsive to the operational, financial, and control risks across the Company. This individual will conduct audits that assess the adequacy of controls for adherence to established plans, policies, procedures, good business practices, and compliance with GAAP, GAAS, and relevant statutes and regulations, including key provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Core competencies include the ability to adapt to change, build effective working relationships, successfully plan and organize projects, and positively impact and influence others.
- Assist management in the development and execution of the annual audit plan
- Assist management in planning and executing SOX Program activities that help ensure the company has designed and implemented an effective system of internal control over financial reporting. Lead and perform SOX testing that supports management’s assessment of controls and external auditor’s reliance on use of others
- Perform internal audit projects in accordance with standards set by the Institute of Internal Auditors. Develop audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives, including procedures to ensure internal controls are efficient and effective to mitigate operational and strategic risks to acceptable levels, assets are adequately protected, and significant financial, managerial, and operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely.
- Determine whether organization units, processes, and systems are operating as intended by management and comply with company policies and applicable statutory regulations.
- Perform special projects at the request of management, including fraud investigations, project advisory services, and due diligence
- Promote Internal Audit as a value add to the organization and deliver audit services to our business partners that consistently improve the control environment and achieve operational excellence
- Proactively report progress to management, including key milestones and deadlines, potential changes to scope/approach and obstacles encountered during engagements
- Effectively document all process narratives, work papers, project results and observations to management. Assist management with establishing and implementing cost-effective remediation plans that will address the risk of observations identified during the audit. Follow-up on recommendations to ensure that appropriate actions are being taken by management to resolve issues or enhance current processes
- Draft audit reports that provide management with the project background, objectives, scope, approach, conclusion and details pertaining to testing performed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Help train, develop and supervise audit personnel in order to ensure the effective execution of quality audits
- Ensure adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
- 3-5 years combined auditing and financial experience
- Public accounting experience at a large or mid-sized firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, CIA or CISA credential
- The ability to demonstrate strong financial, accounting, internal control and auditing skills, including a solid understanding of GAAP, GAAS and effective control environments for accounting and business systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A high degree of interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Self-starter, proven leadership ability, history of high level/quality performance and accomplishments
- Ability to travel up to 25% with flexibility to perform special projects (e.g. acquisitions, investigations)
For immediate consideration, email your resume in Word format along with compensation history to Cameron Wall at email@example.com.