Job Title: Staff Accountant, Corporate
Location: Downtown Chicago
Serving as an integral member of the accounting function, the individual will participate in the month-end close process, ensure financial statement accuracy, and maintain strong internal controls. This position will also provide financial analysis and support to Senior Management for critical business decisions.
- Lead the month-end close process by completing analysis and preparing journal entries.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet accounts reconciliations including cash accounts.
- In-depth variance analysis of profit center activity for operating expenses. Partner with cost center managers to ensure understanding of variances to plan, forecast and prior year.
- Prepare and consolidate financial reporting and analysis for both P&L and balance sheet and present to Senior Management.
- Complete monthly client P&Ls
- Complete various schedules for management reporting.
- Assist with annual budget and quarterly forecast preparation as well as other ad hoc projects.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in accounting.
- Bachelors Degree with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong accounting skills and working knowledge of GAAP and SOX.
- Excellent organizational and process orientation skills.
- Detail oriented and strong analytic ability.
- Ability to meet deadlines required for reporting results.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Team player with a desire to provide excellent customer service.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.