Senior Manager, Corporate Tax
The Senior Manager Corporate Tax will actively manage the tax accounting, reporting and compliance activities of the company including: 1) preparation of the income tax provision and related footnote disclosures, 2) ensuring SOX compliance over the tax cycle and key controls, 3) preparation and/or oversight of the Federal and State income tax returns, 4) responsibility over other indirect tax and state incentives activities as necessary, and 5) serve as subject matter expert/team member over other projects and initiatives that have a tax impact.
Why Would Someone Want this Position?
This position provides a pivotal role in any tax professional’s career. Company is a recently public, rapidly growing Software-as-a-Service online provider of Human Capital Management / payroll services to mid-sized businesses. This opportunity allows a tax professional to gain exposure to planning, expanding and growing a public company tax team. The candidate will be exposed to all facets of a public company tax department, which should provide them unique managerial and leadership experiences for future progression.
- Ownership over all processes for corporate tax planning, tax compliance, tax accounting, SOX compliance and tax law analysis (forecasting/reporting/planning).
- Ownership and management of the income tax return and other tax return preparation, including planning for and developing overall return calendar and coordination of timing and inputs with other tax team members.
- Ownership over research and documenting of income tax accounting methods, tax positions and processes
- Lead preparation of quarterly estimated tax calculations and extensions
- Provide strategic and tactical support over all income tax audits
- Responsibility over tax law updates and their organizational impact
- Responsibility over SOX compliance over the income tax cycle
- Lead the hiring, training and mentoring of income tax department team members
- Address issues impacting business planning, business strategies, cash flow and earnings
- Act as liaison and manager to outside consultants performing tax projects.
- Research tax aspects of new products and Company initiatives
- Interact with various business units to gather data and information.
- Interaction with Accounting, Budgeting and External Reporting to meet internal and external requirements and advocate needs for the Tax Department.
- Income tax accounting and provision experience of 10 or more years in a public company environment, preferably high growth. Prefer a portion of those years spent in a Big 4 or mid-tier environment.
- Tax compliance experience with both Federal, state and local tax returns as well as other taxes.
- Experience with SOX compliance over income tax controls.
- Familiar with sales tax /other indirect taxes in an SAAS environment.
- Broad exposure and technical expertise of multi-state transaction tax laws, research tools and transaction tax project management.
- Strong analytical and managerial skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tax, Accounting or related field
- MBA, Master’s Degree in Taxation and/or JD preferred.
- CPA required.
- Familiarity with tax compliance and accounting packages.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Cameron Wall at email@example.com.