Company: Technology Service Company (SEC filer)
Position: Manager of Revenue Recognition
Number of Direct Reports: 6
Supervisor: Director of Accounting
Status: Newly created role (growth of company)
Location: Chicago (NW suburbs)
The Manager of Revenue Recognition position is responsible for ensuring compliance with US GAAP revenue recognition principles and other elements of accounting, including SOX compliance.
- Ensure compliance with current US GAAP revenue recognition principles for the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close
- Readying the organization for compliance with FASB ASC Topic 606 accounting and reporting
- Identify and communicate revenue related process improvement opportunities
- Lead and manage a team of six Revenue Department personnel ensuring appropriate balancing of skills, expertise, and workload
- Assist management with identification of resource needs and constraints
- Ensure compliance with internal controls over revenue related processes
- Ability to take full ownership of assignments and be self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure of time constraints.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and have the ability to prioritize work and be able to work accurately with numbers
Education & Experience Requirements
- CPA required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 4-10 years of experience in revenue accounting related work (Big 4 and/or corporate experience desired)
- Previous work experience in general accounting duties and account reconciliations
- Prior experience managing teams/personnel
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron at email@example.com.