Credit Risk Manager - Examiner
Our client a large financial institution located in the Dallas/Fort Worth area is looking for a Credit Risk Examiner - Manager. The Credit Risk Examiner will oversee an assigned team of examiners in their review of the risk management and operational policies and procedures for the company's member firms.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review all work product for accuracy of information and sufficient explanation.
- Verify sufficient documentation has been gathered and reviewed.
- Participates in the scheduling and assignment of Risk and Operational Examinations and ensures examinations are meeting all deadlines and timeframes.
- Supervises Examination staff team: scoping and review of planning documents; assessing progress and completion of examinations; review of the execution of the examination and the examination work-papers and report; and recommending appropriate remediation actions.
- Reviews notification sent to clearing member firms and follows-up to confirm remediations.
- Lead exams of member firms and participate in conducting reviews.
- Development of the Examination framework and recommends new and improved processes for examining member firms. Stays current with SEC and CFTC Rules and Regulations understanding risk management and operational policies and procedures.
- Manages a team of 5 - 10 Examiners, supervising the development and mentoring of Examination staff.
- Assists with development, training, completing performance reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Risk Management or other business-related field required. Master's or graduate degree preferred
- 7+ years of related work experience
- Knowledge of SEC and CFTC Rules and Regulations
- Previous compliance or audit examiner experience at a regulator (ex. FINRA/SEC), self-regulatory organization, or other financial institution
- Previous experience in the financial services industry, including financial, operational and other types of risk
- Experience with different types of risk: market/credit/liquidity risk management and corresponding mitigation factors
- Experience with different market risk methodologies: VaR, SPAN, stress testing, liquidity risk, and concentration risk, preferred
- Strong PC skills and Microsoft products
- Experience with Risk Management and Audit Examination Management Software
- Superior communication skills, both written and orally
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel - 20%
If interested, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.