Company Name: Financial Services (downtown Chicago)
Job Title: Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant reports to the Director of Accounting, Operations. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for general ledger, monthly end close, financial reporting, analyzing financial profitability, and other special project requests. The Senior Accountant will supervise accounting staff members and communicate with field operations personnel.
- Prepare financial statements and support schedules according to monthly close by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
- Responsible for general ledger of assigned entities
- Complete monthly review of all assigned balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure reporting accuracy by reviewing financial statements monthly
- Complete financial statement analysis on a monthly basis and report any variances to management
- Prepare year-end audit schedules and footnotes
- Help design Company controls and policies and implement through training of team members
- Assist in documenting and monitoring internal controls
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring of staff
- Appropriately plan and delegate work, address complaints and resolve problems
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 3-5 years Accounting experience
- 3+ years of public accounting experience a plus
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Demonstrate financial knowledge, supporting District Managers, Director of Operations, and Senior Director of Operations growth and development as they learn new financial processes.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to excel in a fast paced and customer service-oriented environment
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Controller and Accounting Director
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
Service and Support
- Proactively provide support to Field employees on P&L statement questions and variances to budget.
- Streamline processes and reduce cost by accurately reviewing P&L statements with Operations.
- Ensure regulatory compliance while reviewing the legal entity financial statements.
- Provide timely response to questions, if questions are unknown forward to the appropriate individual.
- Understand Company's customers and provide quality financial support.
Integrity and Trust
- Ensure a high level of confidentiality when handling financial records.
- Establish and maintain working relationships and work collectively to increase company profitability.
- Increase profitability by accurately reviewing balance sheets and financial statements, and proactively report any variances.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format including compensation history and contact information to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.