Company Name: Financial Services (downtown Chicago)
Job Title: Senior Financial Reporting Manager
The Senior Financial Reporting Manager will be directly responsible for Company's internal and external financial reporting, development of company accounting policies & procedures, designing and documenting internal controls, and developing financial analysis including monthly and quarterly management's discussion and analysis. Company utilizes Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) for Accounting, and the add-on FRx tool for reporting. Experience with these tools is highly preferred.
This position will align with our strategic priorities in the following ways:
o Invest in our team members through certification and training.
- Service and Support
o Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Financial Performance
o Deliver superior financial results by maximizing revenues, managing controllable expenses, protecting company assets, and making thoughtful decisions that minimize our risk.
- Regulatory Compliance
o Be a leader in contributing to the regulatory process
- Prepare monthly financial statements for Senior Management team.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues
- Coordinate the annual audits, quarterly reviews and compilations of external auditors.
- Communicate with internal management and external auditors regarding financial results and GAAP treatments.
- Provide accurate and timely financial statements and other ad hoc reports.
- Proactively communicate (both good and bad news). Communicate to help others be successful.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA preferred
- MBA a plus
- 5 - 8 years' minimum experience in financial reporting
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, SOX
- SEC reporting experience a plus
- Microsoft Dynamics GP (aka Great Plains) and FRx or Management Reporter is highly preferred
- Multi-location retail and/or financial services industry is a strong plus
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation of policies and procedures
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format including compensation history and contact information to Cameron Wall at email@example.com.